Mein Kampf

On this page you will find a variety of writings and definately not meaningless meanderings about 'what I have been up to'. I think writing should stimulate the mind and touch the soul, it should also give you hope. Is everybody's life a struggle? Is that the point? I like questions that cannot be answered, they can stimulate the most invigorating conversations you will ever hold, conversations that make you feel warm inside. Yet when they finish, nothing is solved.

Name:
Location: Cramlington, Northumberland, United Kingdom

Sometimes, I think I know what I'm all about, but then I look inside and I see the truth come out. I like thinking, I think alot. I'm an athlete, a thrower. I'm 6'2 and fairly well built. I have a 2-1 degree in Business Information Systems and I love writing. I have a passion for deep thinking and philosophy but also am very humourous, so enjoy me in every way.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Prophecy etc...

Been to Portugal for a week's training, it went quite well, although left me with some big questions that I intend to answer in the coming months. It's not a comfortable thing for me to be unsure of what I am capable of but I guess that's what makes me not become complacent. So the week was definately the kick I needed for the start of the season.

Interesting highlights of the week include, turning up at the Easyjet desk at Newcastle airport with my box which the girl looked at and said 'No. We can't take that.', great start then, 3 hours later we got checked in. We decided not to eat at the hotel after Danny and Ray said they could've used the salmon as a discus. Our hire car was knicknamed DT for Death Trap and simply was not road worthy, the back door kept flying open randomly and the inside of the door came off when we shut it. We discovered the handbrake didn't work when we parked on a hill and started rolling forward and there was quite a large hole in the back tire. We complained, they sent a mechanic.

The gym we usually go to had closed down, but we found another even better gym near the hotel. The guy was very helpfull but nearly had a heart attack everytime I did an exercise, especially when I half fell off the chin up machine, at that point he said I think it's time to stop and I agreed. It was probably a life enhancing experience for the guy though and I hope I broadened his horisons a little, that's always good.

I'm now aware of what self fulfilling prophecy means, and it'll help me because I'm not going to let it happen anymore. So time to forget the past and stick to what I know. I'll try and explain in the form of poetry.

-------------

Fulfil me, no.
Fill me, full.

Your prophecy won't save me.
It will decieve me
and sell lies to my soul.

Your dreams won't set me free.
They cloud my thoughts
and rain on my reality.

All I need is:
my belief,
my knowledge,
my soul
and the truth.

I am my prophecy
and
I am my dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home