Mein Kampf

On this page you will find a variety of writings and definately not meaningless meanderings about 'what I have been up to'. I think writing should stimulate the mind and touch the soul, it should also give you hope. Is everybody's life a struggle? Is that the point? I like questions that cannot be answered, they can stimulate the most invigorating conversations you will ever hold, conversations that make you feel warm inside. Yet when they finish, nothing is solved.

Name:
Location: Cramlington, Northumberland, United Kingdom

Sometimes, I think I know what I'm all about, but then I look inside and I see the truth come out. I like thinking, I think alot. I'm an athlete, a thrower. I'm 6'2 and fairly well built. I have a 2-1 degree in Business Information Systems and I love writing. I have a passion for deep thinking and philosophy but also am very humourous, so enjoy me in every way.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Bad Loser, Bad Winner

Let me get one thing straight before I start ranting like a misinformed housewife. I used to like Jose Mourinho, I thought he was a breath of fresh air and when he knocked Man Utd out of the Champions League with Porto he was my new hero. However I now realise that he is an arrogant, vain, egotistic, selfish and frustrated attention seeker and it surprises me how he is so good at his job, because I can't deny that he is. 4 major trophies in 3 years tells you that.

You may say its just sour grapes and success breeds contempt but Jose did something upon retaining the Premiership that, as a sportsperson that has won medals, deeply disappointed me and I can even say it sickened me. He threw his winner's medal away not once but TWICE, something which I consider the biggest insult possible to your fellow competitors who would give anything to be in the winning position. It also shows disrespect to the people who have helped him and worked so hard for him, his players, backroom staff, management and supporters. Above all it was a dangerous thing to do and could have caused some ugly crowd scenes and people could have been hurt. Sometimes, Mourinho acts very irresponsibly because he thinks its cool at the time, not a great role model in an age when players are scutinised for everything they do.

He has shunned something that should be a tremendous honor to recieve, no matter how many winners medals you have, if he did not want it he should not have accepted the medal, which will now just probably make somebody a few quid on Ebay and that was not its purpose, its purpose was to honour a deserving person, to be a source of pride for years to come.

I don't know what Mourinho is trying to prove, I know Muhammed Ali threw his Olympic medal into the Ohio river but that was because of the inner tirmoil of still being racially discriminated against despite his achievements, and he has since regretted the decision. I wonder if Jose regrets his what some might see as flamboyant decision when we looks beck on his career. If he doesn't want the prize, he shouldn't enter the competition and if he wants to be loved by everyone, he's in the wrong job.

---------------

These medals are mine,
they show my time.
Part of me is in them,
it was me that had to win them.
Each one carries stories,
with countless memories.
These medals are mine,
that's it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home