Mein Kampf

On this page you will find a variety of writings and definately not meaningless meanderings about 'what I have been up to'. I think writing should stimulate the mind and touch the soul, it should also give you hope. Is everybody's life a struggle? Is that the point? I like questions that cannot be answered, they can stimulate the most invigorating conversations you will ever hold, conversations that make you feel warm inside. Yet when they finish, nothing is solved.

Name:
Location: Cramlington, Northumberland, United Kingdom

Sometimes, I think I know what I'm all about, but then I look inside and I see the truth come out. I like thinking, I think alot. I'm an athlete, a thrower. I'm 6'2 and fairly well built. I have a 2-1 degree in Business Information Systems and I love writing. I have a passion for deep thinking and philosophy but also am very humourous, so enjoy me in every way.

Friday, May 19, 2006

The Academy Is....

Crap. Yes that band are too, just like all these new indie, regional accent wearing internet bands, apart from the Newcastle based ones of course. The A19 scene is where it is at as far as new music is concerned, unfortunately for the one's that started it all off, the Futureheads and the Maximo Park, they have done what Ian Brown told them not to do and have sold their souls. I was at the opening night when the Futureheads held together the creaking and leaking Carling Academy, and last night wasn't too much better. The Newcastle Carling Acedemy is quite simply the worst music venue I have ever been in, it is a DDA court case waiting to happen, taking 2 key opperated lifts to get down to stage level it hardly seems worth finding a member of staff and then move everyone out the way because you have to do it all again to get back to toilet. Needless to say the lift weren't working anyway, my mate then informed me the lights weren't working in the toilet, a high class establishment indeed. The accoustics are terrible and it was difficult to make out even some of the Futurehead's most famous songs and their new stuff didn't sound great. So the verdict: The Futurehead's aren't the best live act but weren't helped by the venue, however 'Hounds of Love' and 'Decent Days & Nights' went down very well.

P.S. Will the bloke from Maximo Park please stop following me round at gigs and get a proper job, also Englishmen in baseball caps is wrong.

The Academy 2 is however a much better venue and I recommend you get there to see Dartz! next Friday.

----

I'm sorry.
I wish I would, I wish I could.
I wish I could.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home