Mein Kampf

On this page you will find a variety of writings and definately not meaningless meanderings about 'what I have been up to'. I think writing should stimulate the mind and touch the soul, it should also give you hope. Is everybody's life a struggle? Is that the point? I like questions that cannot be answered, they can stimulate the most invigorating conversations you will ever hold, conversations that make you feel warm inside. Yet when they finish, nothing is solved.

Name:
Location: Cramlington, Northumberland, United Kingdom

Sometimes, I think I know what I'm all about, but then I look inside and I see the truth come out. I like thinking, I think alot. I'm an athlete, a thrower. I'm 6'2 and fairly well built. I have a 2-1 degree in Business Information Systems and I love writing. I have a passion for deep thinking and philosophy but also am very humourous, so enjoy me in every way.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Deceit

Currently reading The Da Vinchi Code, I know I'm a bit late jumping on the bandwagon, it's a very well written and provocative fictional book and much better than the movie I'm sure. Despite the author's claims that the book is truely non-fictional, I believe otherwise, although I think many statements in the book may well be true.

And the whole aura of the books reflects real life society in many ways. No doubt this book has made Dan Brown a very rich and powerful individual in his chosen field because lots of people want to know what he has to say and are enthused by his ideas. The same way that religion's myths and mysteries make many people rich and powerful and at the same time, give billions of people something to believe in and in many cases something to live for.

Whether the prophets are true or not is not important, it's highly likely that they are just lies spun by the powerful to retain and stregnthen their status, but while there remains doubt, there is something to believe in.

As my friend at gapingvoid.com professes, the market for something to believe in is infinate.

Nothing much changes in this world very quickly apart from the material things, the fabric of human life is still very much beset on making people believe in things even if they are based upon lies, advertising and marketing are just modern-day phases for practices that have been in operation since before Jesus was born or invented. Funny how Jesus could have been someone's product/business model.

But answers to the world's great mysteries would only create fear and panic.

Without uncertainty and deceit, life in essence would not exsist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home